Harry relieved charity watchdog has opened Sentebale case
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
Britain’s top charity watchdog announced on Thursday that it launched an investigation into Sentebale, an African charity established by Prince Harry in memory of his mother, Princess Diana.
From New York Daily News
On March 26, Prince Harry resigned from Sentebale, a charity he cofounded.
From Business Insider
Insiders have claimed personality clashes and tensions around leadership had added to Sentebale's challenges - and the watchdog is likely to hear financial concerns from some of those formerly involv...
From BBC
Read more on News Digest
spot on news US on MSN22h
Sentebale Scandal: Prince Harry Hopes the Truth Will Come OutPrince Harry has withdrawn from his charity organization Sentebale. He now hopes that a British charity watchdog will uncover the truth in the case.
Sources close to the former trustees of the charity have told Sky News of their huge concerns about the thousands of pounds spent on consultancy work.
A close friend of Prince Harry’s has said in a new interview that some of Sentebale chairwoman Sophie Chandauka’s hostility to the prince is due to her jealously of his wife Meghan Markle, saying that the Zimbabwe-born attorney probably felt overshadowed onstage by the globally famous Duchess of Sussex at a charity fundraiser last April.
The Charity Commission’s goal is “to determine whether the charity’s current and former trustees, including its chair, have fulfilled their duties and responsibilities under charity law.” Harry released a statement welcoming an inquest into the organization he co-founded in honor of his late mother,
The Charity Commission has confirmed it has opened a case after concerns were rasied about Sentebale, the charity founded by Prince Harry, which he dramatically quit amid a bitter boardroom row
Explore more
1d
PureWow on MSNSentebale means everything to the DukeSince Prince Harry’s resignation from Sentebale last week, there’s been quite a bit of confusion over how and why the royal’s departure took place. Today, with the announcement that the Charity Commission had begun their investigation,
Prince Harry is feeling "total shock" at the allegations being made in the aftermath of his resignation from his Sentebale charity, his friend says.
Prince Harry helped launch Sentebale two years after he took a gap year in Lesotho in 2004 and nine years after the death of his mother, Princess Diana, in a 1997 car accident in Paris. Sentebale means “forget-me-not” in Sesotho, the official language of Lesotho; forget-me-nots were Diana’s favorite flower.